#1 Udskriv indlæg
Skrevet d. 12-09-2009 06:41
Bruger avatar

Bruger

Antal indlæg: 3629

så er der igen desvære dårlige ting fra thailand som bliver vist i engelsk tv

British TV Captures Gun in Phuket Jet-Ski Standoff

www.thai-dk.dk/uploads/,,,,,,,,20090907.jpg

PHUKET'S jet-ski rumbles make British television tonight when the first of a new series on Thailand's tourist police shows a standoff between the island's beach boys and Royal Marines.

The camera picks up one of the jet-ski operators, a man named JJ, armed with a gun and engaged in an argument over the price of repairs to one of his vehicles.

The argument gets quite heated and at one stage it appears that blood will be shed.

With the intervention of an MP sergeant, the row grows more intense but is eventually resolved, as seems inevitable in these situations, with the jet-ski boys being paid off.

''Whether there is any real damage to the jet-ski or not is always going to be the question,'' series producer Gavin Hill told Phuketwan today.

The eight-part fly-on-the-wall television series entitled 'Big Trouble in Tourist Thailand' takes a look at the work of volunteer police and the first episode provides plenty of action.

Filming coincided with shore leave being taken on Phuket by the crew of HMS Bulwark. British sailors and marines are advised not to hire jet-skis but one marine named Jack Tebbot does.

Producer Hill had already met and talked to JJ in the midst of an earlier altercation with tourists.

''Next thing we had a call from JJ to say some marines damaged one of his jet-skis and did a runner. We went to JJ's boatyard out the back of Patong where this chap named Jack has been 'captured.'

''I started filming and there is a negotiation going on over the cost of some damage.

''A man from the beach says he saw Jack's jet-ski collide with another, but Jack says there was no contact.''

One version of the event, posted by Bangkok-based journalist Andrew Drummond on his blog, reports: ''Surrounded by the stripped to the waist thugs and held at the point of a rifle, Tebbot had managed to get an sms message to his mates who arrived at the yard.

''Bloodshed was only avoided when Marine Police Sergeant and Detective Commander Tim Wright arrived on the scene and told Tebbot: 'Ok lad, we told you not to hire jet skis.

''We know it's a con but I'm afraid you're now going to have to pay some money to get out of this.'

''Then after examining the jet-ski, the no nonsense sergeant, who had already had to deal with other cases, turned on JJ and said: ''You're a crook! You're corrupt. The damage is old. The fibre glass has already turned brown. How come all your jet-skis have a problem?''

''Then he turned to Marine Tebbot and said: 'Ok boy. You go now!'

''JJ then ordered his thugs to block Tebbot's exit but JJ, perhaps sensing he had a fight on his hands, continued negotiating.

''The price eventually dropped by almost half to 35,000 baht, but not before some more heated exchanges.''

The sergeant said later: ''Had it come to the crunch we could have easily fought them and got all our lads out of there. But there would have been some claret spilt on both sides.''

The television series provides the latest unwanted bad publicity for Phuket and its jet-ski scamsters, although producer Hill insists there is no absolute proof either way

JJ told him how expensive jet-skis were to run, how difficult it was to get parts, and how his workers risk cancer in dealing with fibreglass materials.

Hill says that rather than being turned off Thailand, the audience demographic of 19-34-year-olds on Britain's Bravo channel are more likely to find the episodes, relating a series of lively conflicts, an invitation to travel.

The first in the series is being shown on British television on Monday night, so expect to see the knock-off version for sale in Patong about noon on Wednesday.

http://phuketwan....off-11538/
Til forsiden  Til toppen  Til bunden
Ingolf
#2 Udskriv indlæg
Skrevet d. 12-09-2009 10:09
Bruger avatar

Bruger

Antal indlæg: 76

http://www.phuket...sp?id=7765

http://teakdoor.c...-will.html
Jet-Ski JJ Arrested: 'I Will Ban Them' Warning

WINAI ''JJ'' Naiman, 28, has been arrested and charged following an altercation about damage to a jet-ski in Patong that was telecast to an audience on the other side of the world.

The altercation, with British marines who were taking leave on Phuket, was filmed and became part of the premier episode of a television series that screened in Britain on Monday.

Having become instantly identifiable as ''JJ'' the jet-ski man, Mr Naiman now faces counts of demanding money with threats and possession of a weapon.

A special screening of the television show, 'Big Trouble in Tourist Thailand,' took place at Kathu Police Station today with Mr Naiman and local media and police as the audience.

The first in the eight-part series went to air on British television on Monday night, bringing concerns about jet-ski scams on Phuket to a climax.

Thais who have seen the show are shocked at the image of tourism in Thailand that it portrays, with the jet-ski incident and Phang Ngan drug-taking the most alarming in a series of incidents.

Phuket's Governor, Wichai Praisa-nob, has been urged by the Deputy Prime Minister and senior diplomats from Australia and Britain to crack down on the scams.

Concern at the highest level comes as a similar crackdown takes place at Suvarnabhumi international airport in Bangkok, where gangs of illegal taxi drivers and extortionist tourist guides are being arrested.

Thailand now appears keen to clean up its tourism image, but the valuable industry will probably pay a high price for years of neglect and corruption.

The 'Big Trouble' series is likely to be sold for screening in other countries and will appear on television around the world for years to come.

Police at Kathu station said Mr Naiman had a history of involvement in similar incidents, in which operators claim large sums for pre-existing damage to jet-skis.

The governor, who went to the police station in Patong before attending a summit on the jet-ski issue, rejected an appeal from Mr Naiman's family for bail.

He said that although the weapon involved was a BB gun, intimidation of the kind shown on television was unacceptable.

''Jet-skis are allowed to operate as a sport in Patong, not as a business,'' he said. ''Unless this kind of activity stops, we will ban them all.''

Phuket's neighboring Andaman coast tourism provinces of Phang Nga and Krabi already have bans in place on jet-skis.

Jet-Ski JJ Arrested: 'I Will Ban Them' Warning - Phuket Wan.
bamsen
#3 Udskriv indlæg
Skrevet d. 12-09-2009 12:34
Bruger avatar

Bruger

Antal indlæg: 1138

Davser

ja det er da godt at det kommer frem i lyset,
at ikke alle thaier er så søde som mange vil gøre dem til.
i pattaya laver de jo samme numre.

bamsen
yindee
#4 Udskriv indlæg
Skrevet d. 13-09-2009 06:37
Bruger avatar

Bruger

ja det vil da være rart at få skridtet frem i lyset og gerne i tv for det er vel det samme her som i dk der sker først noget når pressen skriver om det

ja her på koh samui har vi skam også mange sager hvor folk bliver snydt med jet ski eller motorcykler som de lejer

men det er nu ikke kun de kære Thaier som snyder her på øen er der rigtig mange falangder son laver svindel og bedrag

Bent
#5 Udskriv indlæg
Skrevet d. 13-09-2009 09:24

Bruger

Antal indlæg: 347

yindee skrev:
ja det vil da være rart at få skridtet frem i lyset og gerne i tv for det er vel det samme her som i dk der sker først noget når pressen skriver om det

ja her på koh samui har vi skam også mange sager hvor folk bliver snydt med jet ski eller motorcykler som de lejer
men det er nu ikke kun de kære Thaier som snyder her på øen er der rigtig mange falangder son laver svindel og bedrag

Jet ski operatørerne afpresning af turister i samarbejde md korrupte politifolk er velkendt blandt erfarne Thailand-rejsende. Det er interessant at lægge mårke til, hvor aldeles ligegyldige de såkaldte foreign police volunteers har været. Der skulle altså en gruppe britiske marinere med camera til at få de højeste myndigheder i Thailand til at interessere sig for sagen.

Det ser også nu ud til, at de højeste myndigheder vil gøre noget vd afpresningen af turister i lufthavnen.

De naragtige turister, der dektager i ''full moon parties'' og bruger cannabis, hashish og amfetamin'' er slv ude om det og kan for min skyld rend og hoppe.

Mvh
Bent Jensen

Mh
Bent Jensen
eneber
#6 Udskriv indlæg
Skrevet d. 13-09-2009 09:29
Bruger avatar

Bruger

Antal indlæg: 1010

bent skrev
De naragtige turister, der dektager i ''full moon parties'' og bruger cannabis, hashish og amfetamin'' er selv ude om det og kan for min skyld rend og hoppe.

Thumb

yindee
#7 Udskriv indlæg
Skrevet d. 14-09-2009 06:59
Bruger avatar

Bruger

ham JJ var i fængsel i meget kort tid blev løsladt den 13-9-2009
så han er nok tilbage på standen for at lave nye forretninger men sikkert uden tv dækning

Gå til debat:

Lignende tråde

Emne Forum Svar Nyeste indlæg
Thailand’s ‘Little Russia Fri debat: Phuket 4 16-05-2024 15:21
100 Reasons To Pack Your Bags For Thailand Hele Thailand 2 15-05-2024 08:32
The Longest Distance Ferry Ride in Thailand (Bangkok - Koh Samui) 22 hours. Alt det andet 1 14-05-2024 14:01
Smag på Thailand Hele Thailand 106 12-05-2024 08:09
Koh Chang (Elephant Island), Thailand Øst Thailand 1 11-05-2024 13:18

Alt indhold på denne side er Copyright @ copy 2009 Thai DK Debat Forum Alle rettigheder forbeholdes Siden er optimeret til 1024 * 768