Udskriv emne
Naked backpacker: I know I was foolish
M55
#1 Udskriv indlæg
Skrevet d. 15-06-2015 07:33
Bruger avatar

Bruger

Antal indlæg: 1907

A British tourist who was one of a group that some Malaysians believe caused a deadly quake when they posed naked on the country's tallest mountain is back home.
Twenty-three-year-old backpacker Eleanor Hawkins was one of four tourists, including two from Canada and one from the Netherlands, who climbed to the top of Malaysia's Mount Kinabalu and posed naked. Six days later an earthquake struck the area, killing 18 people.

Malaysians believed the tourists' actions caused the quake by angering the mountain spirits. The four were arrested and pleaded guilty to obscene behavior. They were each sentenced to three days in jail, ordered to pay a fine of US$1330, and deported.

Eleanor is now back home in Derby, where she apologised for her actions.
"I just want to say how relieved and happy I am to finally be home," she told a crowd of reporters. "I know my behaviour was foolish and I know how much offence we all caused to the local people of Sabah. For that, I am truly sorry."

Eleanor's mother, Ruth, said now that her daughter has been punished for her crime, "the case is now closed."
"We are, as you probably appreciate, really relieved to finally have Ellie home after what has been a very traumatic time for her. Ellie knows what she did was wrong and disrespectful and she is deeply sorry for any offence caused to the people of Sabah. Ellie has been appropriately and fairly judged by Malaysian authorities and has served her sentence in full. The case is now closed."

Foreign and domestic hikers flock to Sabah, in the northern part of Borneo, to climb the 4,095-metre (13,435-ft) Kinabalu, because it's one of the highest peaks in Southeast Asia.

http://www.bangko...n-mountain
Til forsiden  Til toppen  Til bunden
Gå til debat:

Lignende tråde

Emne Forum Svar Nyeste indlæg
NAKED MAN WITH A KNIFE in Pattaya Nyheder fra Pattaya 6 08-02-2022 07:42
Blev backpacker for at rejse sorgen væk Nyheder på dansk 1 19-12-2019 14:51
Samui residents angry over naked foreign tourist hugging 'Hin Ta' Nyheder på andre sprog 2 14-03-2018 16:07
Chiang Mai Locals Complain Of 'Naked Farang Bikers' Nyheder på andre sprog 8 04-08-2013 18:26
kom til TH. Find The naked truth Central Thailand 4 02-08-2012 12:27

Alt indhold på denne side er Copyright @ copy 2009 Thai DK Debat Forum Alle rettigheder forbeholdes Siden er optimeret til 1024 * 768